Urgh I thought for sure that he had been taken off that before the event but NOPE. Thanks for the links. <3
Hey y’all. I’m planning on making a video with updates on the YouTube sexual abuse situation. Below is stuff I’ve collected already - I’m posting here first just in case I’ve missed anything. If I have and you know of more info, if you could link me (by replying to this post or hitting up my ask box) that’d be appreciated. Thanks. :)
Luke Conard deleted his tumblr posts about the subject, and is deleting all comments on his videos about anything relating to the situation; has remained (sporadically) on Twitter and Instagram since a few days after the accusations were posted.
Corey Vidal was in a WeezyNews video; was on the ‘Do you need an MCN’ panel at VidCon; (from this post) Despite saying that he’d make a video response to the stories of him being abusive and manipulative, Vidal also hasn’t said anything further at all about the accusations. (Unless you count a super vague reference to ‘hurting the people around him’ in a 2.5 hour long video about his own struggles - detailed more in this post.)
Alex Day liked Eddplant’s video on YouTube; has also been deleting comments relating to his actions that have been left on his videos; has been ‘reaching out’ to (teenage, female) friends; might have had his book cancelled, also might not
Danny Hooper is back on Twitter after a three-month silence.
Tom McLean (frezned) never acknowledged the accusations against him, is suffering no consequences at all for his actions
Further creators* that have been accused of abuse and/or manipulation:
- SuperPsyGuy / Bryon Beaubien (his apology)
- Onision / Gregory Jackson
- WhatTravisSays / Travis Neumeyer
*I say ‘creators’ because I don’t think I’ll include Stephen Purcell in the video; I kind of want to focus on bringing attention to people with a lot of (vulnerable) fans
Anonymous said: top 5 harry moments
- WALKING TO THE FOREST TO DIE everything from harry waking up in dumbledore’s office to voldemort killing him is just exquisite — harry’s realisation that dumbledore had been grooming him for death and harry being hyperaware of his own body, “brain and nerve and bounding heart” is all so gorgeous and sad and wonderful, and he’s so brave. HE’S SO BRAVE. I’M SO FUCKING SAD IT’S BEEN 7 YEARS
- destroying dumbledore’s office i love this scene because after 4 books of harry keeping shit to himself and sitting on his feelings you get lots of minor, small explosions post-cedric dying and then THIS, it’s a NUCLEAR BOMB OF ANGER and it’s so satisfying to read but also the most painful thing in the world, ever
- politely asking the sphinx to move, please this cracks me up every time. if someone was like show me ONE THING that DEFINES harry james potter AS A HUMAN AND A CHARACTER i would show them this scene. life-threatening wizard competition. dangerous magical creature. “can you move, please?” my son
- torturing amycus after he spit on mcgonagall this means A Lot to me because harry just straight up crucios that fucker without any hesitation or warm-up and puts so much feeling behind it. anything where harry is morally grey is my favourite because he’s The Saviour and the Master of Death and it’s like yeah, and he just crucio’d a dude so hard he flew across the room and passed out
- "you don’t have to call me ‘sir’, professor" any scene where harry backchats snape is fantastic but i distinctly remember reading this scene and being like OOOHHHH OOOOOHHHH SICK BUUURRNNNN OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH
FALSE. Fathers who ask for sole custody are far more likely to get it. It’s just that they don’t ask, mostly women do. Men win custody over women even if they are ostensibly unfit. More and more, judges and parents rule in favor of 50/50 custody. In fact, in the past ten years, the men’s rights movement has been devastating to women seeking custody in court and women are awarded sole custody about half as many times as men.
So find a new fucking myth.